Gigaverse’s credentials enable clients, employers, and partners to set clear expectations regarding your work and professional conduct. Companies and individuals draw from our base of credentialed members when looking for trustworthy employees and partners.
Requirements to Earn Freelance Writer Credentials
- Have two members endorse your freelance writing skills*
- Have two members endorse your work’s adherence to Gigaverse standards*
- Have two members endorse your grammar proficiency*
- Submit six (admin-approved) endorsements of others members’ skills, grammar proficiency, or standards adherence*
- Pass Gigaverse’s Freelance Writing Course
- Complete your Gigaverse profile
*If you purchase vetting, our team will review your work and skills, so you do not need to gain endorsements from others, nor do you need to endorse others, however you do still need to meet the requirements associated with these endorsements.
To pass Gigaverse’s Freelance Writing course, you must complete each lesson’s quiz with a score above 80%.
A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
For a Gigaverse member to meet our community-wide standards:
- All portfolio pieces meet our copyright standards
- All portfolio pieces meet our source and citation standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our source verification standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our standards for ethical conduct
We evaluate grammar proficiency by reviewing your bio, portfolio pieces, and external links. Should we find more than three glaring mistakes within your bio, portfolio pieces, websites, or social media profiles (namely, profiles’ bios and “about” sections), you will not qualify as having sufficient grammar skills for these credentials.
You will be expected to demonstrate your freelance writing skills by:
- Responding to emails within 36 hours
- Presenting at least three writing samples (as links or PDFs) and three references from previous clients in response to an email prompt
- Demonstrating an ability to write in more than one tone and for more than one audience
- Presenting at least one piece of search-friendly content in your Gigaverse portfolio
Writing samples and references must demonstrate previous client work. Mainstream digital publications, such as Forbes, The New York Times, or The Verge, may count as clients. Should you have yet to work for a formal client or contribute to a publication, references may be from recipients of volunteer work. References must come in the form of PDFs containing a short note and contact information or LinkedIn recommendations tied to active accounts.
You are expected to showcase portfolio pieces targeted at different audiences and using different tones to demonstrate your versatility and ability to adapt to clients’ needs. For more information on content that is considered to be search friendly, visit our guide and checklist.