Gigaverse’s credentials enable clients, employers, and partners to set clear expectations regarding your work and professional conduct. Companies and individuals draw from our base of credentialed members when looking for trustworthy employees and partners.
Requirements to Earn Community Manager Credentials
- Have two members endorse your social media and community management skills*
- Have two members endorse your work’s adherence to Gigaverse standards*
- Have two members endorse your grammar proficiency*
- Submit six (admin-approved) endorsements of others members’ skills, grammar proficiency, or standards adherence*
- Pass Gigaverse’s Social Media and Community Management course
- Complete your Gigaverse profile
*If you purchase vetting, our team will review your work and skills, so you do not need to gain endorsements from others, nor do you need to endorse others, however you do still need to meet the requirements associated with these endorsements.
To pass Gigaverse’s Social Media and Community Management course, you must complete each lesson’s quiz with a score above 80%.
A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
For a Gigaverse member to meet our community-wide standards:
- All portfolio pieces meet our copyright standards
- All portfolio pieces meet our source and citation standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our source verification standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our standards for ethical conduct
We evaluate grammar proficiency by reviewing your bio, portfolio pieces, and external links. Should we find more than three glaring mistakes within your bio, portfolio pieces, websites, or social media profiles (namely, profiles’ bios and “about” sections), you will not qualify as having sufficient grammar skills for these credentials.
You will be expected to demonstrate your social media and community management skills by:
- Responding to emails sent to you by potential endorsers within 36 hours
- Explaining what tools you use, describing several key metrics you watch, and offering one tip on dealing with angry or frustrated customers in response to an email sent to you by a Gigaverse member who seeks to endorse your skills
- Presenting at least one piece of search-friendly content in your Gigaverse portfolio
- Linking to at least three active social media profiles from your Gigaverse profile
For more information on content that is considered to be search friendly, visit our guide and checklist. Social media profiles you share must have profile photos and complete bios, be over two months old, not appear empty, and contain content that has been posted within 30 days.