Gigaverse’s credentials enable clients, employers, and partners to set clear expectations regarding your work and professional conduct. Companies and individuals draw from our base of credentialed members when looking for trustworthy employees and partners.
In addition to being showcased on Gigaverse profiles, credentials can be displayed elsewhere online using Credly and Mozilla’s Open Badge infrastructure, both of which are secure and easy to use.
You may earn Gigaverse credentials independently (and for free) by utilizing our peer review-based vetting process. Should you prefer to undergo an expedited vetting process, you may also pay to be reviewed by Gigaverse admins.
Requirements to Earn Online Entertainer Credentials
- Have two members endorse your work’s adherence to Gigaverse standards
- Have two members endorse your online entertainment skills
- Submit six (admin-approved) endorsements of others members’ skills, grammar proficiency, or standards adherence
- Pass Gigaverse’s Online Entertainment course
- Complete your Gigaverse profile
To pass Gigaverse’s Online Entertainment course, you must pass each lesson’s quiz with a score of 80% or above. A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
For a Gigaverse member to meet our community-wide standards:
- All portfolio pieces meet our copyright standards
- All portfolio pieces meet our source and citation standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our source verification standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our standards for ethical conduct
You will be expected to demonstrate your online entertainment skills by:
- Responding to emails within 36 hours
- Describing and linking to one example of a positive interaction you have had with fans and one example of collaborative work you created with other artists or entertainers in a polite response to an email query from a potential endorser (examples of links include the URL an AMA you did on reddit or a the URL of a collaborative music video you made and shared on YouTube)
- Having shared at least ten publicly-available samples (comics, videos, podcasts, etc.) or one publicly-available game online
- Linking to at least three active social media profiles from your Gigaverse profile
Your work as an online entertainer must be accessible via your Gigaverse profile’s portfolio items or external links. Social media profiles you share must have profile photos and complete bios, be over two months old, not appear empty, and contain content that has been posted within 30 days.
Our goal is to never charge for the educational materials we provide. If you’d like to give back, please share our lessons (and Gigaverse in general) with your friends. Who knows- you might introduce someone to an entirely new career path and change their life!
Only take this lesson’s quiz if you are enrolled in the course and want to prove your skills and earn official credentials. Credentials related to a course are useful if you would like to find work related to this course’s career, as we direct businesses and entrepreneurs to our membership page when they approach us looking for specialists.
Finally, make sure you have reviewed this lesson’s required reading (displayed at the top right of the page) before taking the quiz- you will be tested on information covered in those guides!