Gigaverse’s credentials enable clients, employers, and partners to set clear expectations regarding your work and professional conduct. Companies and individuals draw from our base of credentialed members when looking for trustworthy employees and partners.
In addition to being showcased on Gigaverse profiles, credentials can be displayed elsewhere online using Credly and Mozilla’s Open Badge infrastructure, both of which are secure and easy to use.
You may earn Gigaverse credentials independently (and for free) by utilizing our peer review-based vetting process. Should you prefer to undergo an expedited vetting process, you may also pay to be reviewed by Gigaverse admins.
Requirements to Earn Online Author Credentials
- Have two members endorse your online authorship skills
- Have two members endorse your work’s adherence to Gigaverse standards
- Have two members endorse your grammar proficiency
- Submit six (admin-approved) endorsements of others members’ skills, grammar proficiency, or standards adherence
- Pass Gigaverse’s Online Authorship course
- Complete your Gigaverse profile
To pass Gigaverse’s Online Authorship course, you must complete each lesson’s quiz with a score above 80%.
A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
For a Gigaverse member to meet our community-wide standards:
- All portfolio pieces meet our copyright standards
- All portfolio pieces meet our source and citation standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our source verification standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our standards for ethical conduct
We evaluate grammar proficiency by reviewing your bio, portfolio pieces, and external links. Should we find more than three glaring mistakes within your bio, portfolio pieces, websites, or social media profiles (namely, profiles’ bios and “about” sections), you will not qualify as having sufficient grammar skills for these credentials.
You will be expected to demonstrate your skills as an author by:
- Responding to emails within 36 hours
- Proving that you are the author of a published book (ebooks count) in response to an email query
- Showcasing at least three publicly-available samples/chapters/vignettes on at least one external website online that is available through your Gigaverse profile
Acceptable forms of proof that you are a published author include:
- A link to your book’s product page on Amazon.com or another online book selling platform
- A link to the download page of a free ebook you provide
- A photo of your printed book (should it be out of print)
- The ISBN of your book
To be regarded as being “published,” a book must be formatted and available as an ebook or have been printed at some point as a trade publication. Work not available as a physical, bound book or an ebook file does not presently count as being published. In other words, if a book can only be accessed online and not downloaded or purchased for offline enjoyment, it will not count toward Online Authorship credentials.
Our goal is to never charge for the educational materials we provide. If you’d like to give back, please share our lessons (and Gigaverse in general) with your friends. Who knows- you might introduce someone to an entirely new career path and change their life!
Only take this lesson’s quiz if you are enrolled in the course and want to prove your skills and earn official credentials. Credentials related to a course are useful if you would like to find work related to this course’s career, as we direct businesses and entrepreneurs to our membership page when they approach us looking for specialists.
Finally, make sure you have reviewed this lesson’s required reading (displayed at the top right of the page) before taking the quiz- you will be tested on information covered in those guides!