Gigaverse members with Digital Native credentials have demonstrated basic familiarity with online tools, platforms, etiquette, and culture.
Requirements to Earn Digital Native Credentials
To pass Internet Literacy 101, you must complete each lesson’s quiz with a score of 90% or above.
A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
A “complete” expression of your digital identity online qualifies as a site or profile that:
- Is not missing essential elements such as a baseline amount of content, a bio, or a profile photo
- Features profile photos that showcase the same image (or are different images of the same subject) presented on your Gigaverse profile, which make it clear that a single, cohesive identity ties all profiles together
Once your profile is complete, submit its URL through our profile completion page for admin review.
Our goal is to never charge for the educational materials we provide. If you’d like to give back, please share our lessons (and Gigaverse in general) with your friends. Who knows- you might introduce someone to an entirely new career path and change their life!
Only take this lesson’s quiz if you are enrolled in the course and want to prove your skills and earn official credentials. Credentials related to a course are useful if you would like to find work related to this course’s career, as we direct businesses and entrepreneurs to our membership page when they approach us looking for specialists.
Finally, make sure you have reviewed this lesson’s required reading (displayed at the top right of the page) before taking the quiz- you will be tested on information covered in those guides!