Gigaverse’s credentials enable clients, employers, and partners to set clear expectations regarding your work and professional conduct. Companies and individuals draw from our base of credentialed members when looking for trustworthy employees and partners.
In addition to being showcased on Gigaverse profiles, credentials can be displayed elsewhere online using Credly and Mozilla’s Open Badge infrastructure, both of which are secure and easy to use.
You may earn Gigaverse credentials independently (and for free) by utilizing our peer review-based vetting process. Should you prefer to undergo an expedited vetting process, you may also pay to be reviewed by Gigaverse admins.
Requirements to Earn Blogger Credentials
- Get two Gigaverse members to verify that your online presence adhere’s to Gigaverse’s standards
- Get two Gigaverse members to endorse your blogging skills
- Submit six (admin-approved) endorsements of others members’ skills, grammar proficiency, or standards adherence
- Pass Gigaverse’s Blogger course
- Complete your Gigaverse profile
To pass Gigaverse’s Blogging course, you must complete each lesson’s quiz with a score above 80%.
A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
For a Gigaverse member to meet our community-wide standards:
- All portfolio pieces meet our copyright standards
- All portfolio pieces meet our source and citation standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our source verification standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our standards for ethical conduct
You will be expected to demonstrate your blogging skills by:
- Responding to emails within 36 hours
- Responding to an email asking you to explain your overall goal as a blogger, your target audience, and the tactics you are presently using to promote your work and build readership
- Showcasing, though your Gigaverse profile, a blog or collection of online articles or writing that contains more than 50 unique posts authored by you (or on which you have published at least two posts every month for the past six months)
- Presenting at least one piece of search-friendly content in your Gigaverse portfolio
- Linking to at least three active social media profiles from your Gigaverse profile
You must be a heavy contributor, editor, or owner of any blog you present through your Gigaverse profile. For more information on content that is considered to be search friendly, visit our guide and checklist. Social media profiles you share must have profile photos and complete bios, be over two months old, not appear empty, and contain content that has been posted within 30 days.
Our goal is to never charge for the educational materials we provide. If you’d like to give back, please share our lessons (and Gigaverse in general) with your friends. Who knows- you might introduce someone to an entirely new career path and change their life!
Only take this lesson’s quiz if you are enrolled in the course and want to prove your skills and earn official credentials. Credentials related to a course are useful if you would like to find work related to this course’s career, as we direct businesses and entrepreneurs to our membership page when they approach us looking for specialists.
Finally, make sure you have reviewed this lesson’s required reading (displayed at the top right of the page) before taking the quiz- you will be tested on information covered in those guides!