What Proves an Individual’s Blogging Skills?
To earn Blogger credentials, you must exhibit key competencies associated with the pursuit. On Gigaverse, you can prove your blogging skills by:
- Responding to emails within 36 hours
- Responding to an email asking you to explain your overall goal as a blogger, your target audience, and the tactics you are presently using to promote your work and build readership
- Showcasing, though your Gigaverse profile, a blog or collection of online articles or writing that contains more than 50 unique posts authored by you (or on which you have published at least two posts every month for the past six months)
- Presenting at least one piece of search-friendly content in your Gigaverse portfolio
- Linking to at least three active social media profiles from your Gigaverse profile
You must be a heavy contributor, editor, or owner of any blog you present through your Gigaverse profile. For more information on content that is considered to be search friendly, visit our guide and checklist. Social media profiles you share must have profile photos and complete bios, be over two months old, not appear empty, and contain content that has been posted within 30 days.
Keep in mind that, to earn full Blogger credentials, a Gigaverse member must also meet several other requirements, such as passing our Blogging course and adhering to our standards regarding ethical conduct, copyright, sourcing, citation, and verification.
How to Endorse Bloggers
Only Gigaverse members with complete, admin-approved profiles may nominate others for endorsements. To qualify, complete your Gigaverse profile, then submit it for review. This requirement is designed to make it difficult to attempt to create dummy accounts.
To vet a fellow member:
- Make sure your profile is complete and has been submitted for review (and approved by) a Gigaverse admin
- Verify that he or she meets the review-based requirements above
- Kick off the email vetting process by sending an email asking the individual to explain his or her overall goal as a blogger, target audience, and tactics used to build readership
- Wait for a response (a valid response must be received within 36 hours)
- Should you receive an adequate response, select the member’s name for nomination below, copy and paste the individual’s written email response (no attachments necessary) in the text box, state that you can attest that he or she meets the requirements associated with this endorsement, and “sign” your name
Many members can be emailed directly through the "contact" button on their Gigaverse profiles. Those who do not enable others to contact them via their Gigaverse profiles and are not easy to email through other publicly-displayed profiles online cannot be vetted.
Keep in mind that your reputation is on the line when you submit nominations. Should admins reject more than three of your nominations due to inaccuracy, all future nominations may be ignored, which will prevent you from earning points toward your own credentials.