Gigaverse’s credentials enable clients, employers, and partners to set clear expectations regarding your work and professional conduct. Companies and individuals draw from our base of credentialed members when looking for trustworthy employees and partners.
In addition to being showcased on Gigaverse profiles, credentials can be displayed elsewhere online using Credly and Mozilla’s Open Badge infrastructure, both of which are secure and easy to use.
You may earn Gigaverse credentials independently (and for free) by utilizing our peer review-based vetting process. Should you prefer to undergo an expedited vetting process, you may also pay to be reviewed by Gigaverse admins.
Requirements to Earn Online Merchant Credentials
- Have two members endorse your work’s adherence to Gigaverse standards
- Have two members endorse your online sales skills
- Submit six (admin-approved) endorsements of others members’ skills, grammar proficiency, or standards adherence
- Pass Gigaverse’s Online Sales Course
- Complete your Gigaverse profile
To pass Gigaverse’s Online Sales course, you must complete each lesson’s quiz with a score above 80%.
A complete Gigaverse profile must present:
- A non-pixelated profile photo
- A bio free of significant grammatical errors that succinctly explains who you are (and specifically, what distinguishes you from other digital identities)
- At least two links to complete expressions of your digital identity online
- At least three portfolio pieces that (1) you created, (2) do not violate another’s copyright, and (3) link back to external any sources referenced (or provide citations)
For a Gigaverse member to meet our community-wide standards:
- All portfolio pieces meet our copyright standards
- All portfolio pieces meet our source and citation standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our source verification standards
- Public online activity and portfolio pieces adhere to our standards for ethical conduct
You will be expected to demonstrate your online sales skills by:
- Responding to emails within 36 hours
- Politely responding in a professional tone to an anonymous customer inquiry sent through your online storefront
- Owning or managing at least one fully functional online store that has been live for at least three weeks
- Sharing at least three active social media profiles or store-related pages through your Gigaverse profile
An adequate response to an anonymous query sent through your store must be:
- Delivered within 36 hours
- Clear and easy to understand
- Courteous even when a potential customer may be vague or demanding
To be considered fully functional, a store must have at least one item for sale. Social media profiles or store-affiliated pages on major platforms must have profile photos and complete bios, be over two months old, not appear empty, and contain content that has been posted within 30 days.